Friday, August 29, 2008

Drive thru

I am not sure a drive thru starbucks makes sense. You don't get the
happy coffee smell. You don't get the music. The coffee is fine - but
not amazing. And maybe my move to tea makes me say that. It's just so
transactional. Like a drug deal. Pull up, get latte, go. Seems too
easy - almost enabling in its expense. Not okay.

As a sidenote, seattle men seem very happy to order caramel macchiatos
- a drink reserved for women on the east....


--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

2 comments:

Capt. BS said...

Finally, an excuse that I can provide whenever I want to order that drink!

Pauline said...

The Sbux drive-thrus scare me because my own prejudices lead me to profile the drivers as hopped-up coffee junkies who need a caffeine fix so bad that they can't even take the time to get out of the car and walk to the counter, etc. Cars careening into the drive-thru window...not braking for women, children or Toyota Priuses...soccer moms screaming "GIVE IT TO ME NOW!" with their terrified children holding on for dear life to sanity in a carseat.