Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Misplaced optimism.

I am back on the road for w whirlsind trip to hq in Maryland. And here
on a plane at 6am, I feel like indulging my pet peeve.

I hate the middle seat as much as anyone. In fact, due to an issue
with air trans horrible booking system, I am sitting in one now. They
may get an email later.

But, as much as I hate it, I will never sit in the window or aisle
hoping that the true holder of that seat doesn't arrive. I will sit
in my chair and hope they got caught in traffic, perhaps. But I won't
take their seat until the doors shut, mostly because I hate putting
someone in the position of asking for thru seat. And potentially
feeling like an idiot for triple checking their boarding pass and the
seat label. And this is someone I have to sit next to for hours!

Folks, if the seat is available, the person in the adjoining middle
seat always gets dibs. Sit tight and pray for airport security delays.

No comments: