Thursday, May 14, 2009

Heebie Jeebies

I'm not one to freak easily. Or at least, for this reason. But I found myself spending all day across the table from someone who seemed to stare... a lot. And believe me, internets, I'm the last person on earth to assume my hotness inspired any sort of staring. In fact, I usually feel rather unattractive. But this was staring. And it was alarming.

It didn't feel like "You're hot" staring. It felt more like "you might taste good" staring. Like the guy might be a cannibal. Or at least, a strange sicko. Only I know he isn't. Meaning, I know he has a full time job gainfully employed for our government. At least, he's a sicko only in his free time.

What do you do when you feel the creepy, but for no particular reason? What can you say but.."that guy makes me nervous." What would lend that credibility?  Let me tell you, people.. nothing. It's a girl thing. There's nothing to be done. And yet.. why does it feel like one potential plot twist away from a Lifetime Original Movie?

1 comment:

hornett said...

well for some, "You're hot." and "You'd taste good" are the same.

You could always just yell, "Terrorist!" and point at him. That would get him to back off.