Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Brisk Breeze

As I was trying very hard to concentrate today, while not coughing up a lung, and while looking stylish in my cufflinks and suit (per the earlier post - you ladies were right. I definitely need more layering pieces and more scarves. I think my closet suffers from too many basics), I had cause to think about the following topic:

If a part of your body which should not be exposed to air somehow becomes exposed, do you not feel it?

This is a broad question. It applies to unzipped flies, escape-boobs, accidentally-tucked-into-undies-skirts, and all manner of other inadvertent exposures. It has to be a bit cooler in that part of your midriff that, all of a sudden, has become bare. Maybe you're proud of your abs of steel or your newly-implanted rack - I get that. But, surely there's a baseline conciousness that your boob has broken free. Or that your shirt is now un-tucked. 

I admit, I can look very disheveled at times, and thus I fully understand that many clothing malfunctions are entirely impossible to sense. But, a change in temperature - even my trouser sock falling down (which they always do! What's with that?) is notable. 

This, I contemplated, as I was examining someone else's navel....

1 comment:

Capt. BS said...

I would like to be the first to nominate "escape-boob" for inclusion in next year's edition of the Merriam-Webster dictionary.

escape-boob [ĭ-skāp būb] n.: a partially or wholly visible mammary organ that has become errantly exposed in a manner contrary to the design and intent of its owner's wardrobe