Sunday, March 14, 2010

Let's all Spring Forward, shall we?

I'm not sure if anything has ended, but I for sure know that something has begun.

The clocks were set forward last night.
The rain lasted more than 48 hours, but the sun is out now.
I just went for a walk, and I came back smelling like the outside.
1/2 of TC is moving into a new house tomorrow.
I said goodbye to a couple things that no longer fit; they were great in a winter of discontent but not for spring.

I'd say... it's time. Time to dust off those new year's resolutions. Time to examine your future plans. Time to want to be better, kinder, faster or just more. It's that kind of time.

2 comments:

Capt. BS said...

Hear hear!

It used to be that the new year arrived on April 1. (That's why April Fools Day exists as a quasi-holiday.) This is an excellent call to revive the signifance of that date.

Mr. Le said...

I don't think it's fair that Americans start a few weeks earlier than everyone else. Then there are places like Vietnam, India, China and Puerto Rico that don't observe it at all.

DST's RACIST. Stop the colonization!