Friday, May 7, 2010

Wrong Time of Day

My new company is reasonably global. But, the bulk of the company seems to be on central time. or pacific time. But I am on Eastern time. And, at least 2-3 days of the week, I have 5pm meetings. I hate 5pm meetings. I like 5pm trips to the gym. I'm an afternoon work-out person. This is part of my mental health plan.

I just got a 5pm meeting. On a friday. Really? REALLY? Madness. And by the time I leave that meeting, I will be getting hungry. And if I go to the gym, by the time I finish, I'll be ravenous. And then I wont cook dinner, since it will be too much to handle. So I'll do something horrid like get a burrito or eat my weight in cheese.

This is all pointing to the fact that I do need to get up at the crack of dawn and work out. I hate doing that. I love my coffee and my blogs in the morning. I love showering at home. I hate gym towels. But, I can role into the office at 9am and be totally "on time." I can't quite get over this change in lifestyle. Any advice?

No comments: