Tuesday, June 1, 2010

sandal thongs @ work are not really a good idea


I love minimal footwear - on a lazy summer day it says, "Look at me world. I'm so hot that even my feet need to be aired out in thong sandals which match my skin tone. No I can't walk any faster. My ice cream might drip on my toes."

Unfortunately for us sandal-lovers, these beloved shoes don't really carry into the work setting. The lighting is wrong, seeing as flourescent lights aren't usually the best light for the bare foot. The eye is immediately drawn to your naked looking feet. If you're wearing pants, your feet will stick out next to your one-colored pants. If you're wearing a skirt or dress, it will appear that you might possibly be barefoot. In any case your feet will seem like an odd appendage rather than a smooth homage to summer dressing.

1 comment:

Lilac - Like The Flower said...

Really? Oh no. I really wanted some. I need sandals in a bad bad way. Though, with the AC the way it is, maybe I don't!